Back in October, we took a quick look at Bunker bikes, who fix up second hand bikes to sell at low cost to people in the city.
Somebody took the torch to their bike collection on New Year's Eve.
While our allies, the Association of British Drivers, will no doubt praise this, we are going to condemn it.
- It does nothing to solve the city's traffic problem: too many cyclists, all it does it stop it get slightly worse.
- It polarises society.
- It's a waste of (expensive) petrol.
In our opinions, that includes
- Broadmead. All of it.
- The Lewins Mead tower blocks
- The strip mall off st philips flyover -the Showcase cinema and associated shops.
- Any warehouse converted into an indoor play area, especially those somewhere near Cribbs Causeway or other obscure locations. All parents fear invites to children's birthday parties at these locations.
- Easton in Gordano motorway service station.
- The outlet shops by MoD abbey wood. (So obscure, they won't be missed by their neighbours, let alone the rest of the city)
- The strip mall on the A4 after Bristlington
- Colston Tower in the centre.
Bunker Bikes? It doesn't merit a mention.
Also on the topic of NYE activities, someone nicked a few bunny rabbits from the St Werburgh's farm. It's the wrong time of year for lapin-aux-poivres -the lapins will be a bit stringy. Wait until May and the next batch of piglets will be ready for the BBQ.