Friday 31 October 2008

The traffic "island"

Passing by the Prince Street/Marsh Street roundabout, we can see that yes, that strange square in a traffic island really is there for cars.

There is enough room for pedestrians though, so maybe its worth leaving as is, though it does screw up lines of sight for turning vehicles somewhat.

Look, there is barely enough visibility to see someone cycling through a red light. Which must raise an interesting moral dilemma for all eight readers of the Evening post. Is it better for someone to cycle through a red light on the road, or to cycle along the pavement on the Centre?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are now only seven readers of the Bristol Evening Post. I've just canceled the subscription I took out in error eleven years ago, when I was last in your fair city.

SteveL said...

I think I shall subscribe to it just so I can cancel my subscription!