Saturday 7 February 2009

Safety facility

Car C930HET looks like it is blocking this bike-only entrance into Broadmead and Cabot Circus

But looking back you can see that it is parked far enough out for bikes to come past, and angled to give bikes a good route in without slowing down.

By stopping where they have, they force buses round it. so reducing bus/bike conflict.

Admittedly, bikes going straight on have a challenge, but that isn't a fun road to do; this car provides a little "swerve" to give it a bit of an urban singletrack flavour

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps the car has broken down as happened to me once in rush hour on Lewins Mead. I did put my hazards on though.

SP said...

I think you should have hung around for a while - it looks to me like he's considering taking the cycle lane.

Anonymous said...

There were a couple of people sitting in it; I think they were waiting for someone