Here, then, is the safe cycling option for this multilane roundabout.
- There is a line of buses waiting in the left hand lane to turn into the bus station.
- There are two cars who have mistakenly followed the road signs to get stuck in this queue.
- The correct route in car is to go into the turn-right lane then slide in to the left lane after getting past the bus queue. The lane markings are only there for visitors.
- Bicycles can go along the pavement, where it is signed with a white blob on the floor.
- The bike lane ends precisely at this white marking, at which point the bicycle is forced out under the bus.
On the topic of the Bearpit itself, the People's Republic of Stokes Croft are trying to gentrify it.