Some immediate observations
- Nobody walks around between 0400 and 0600.
- The rest of the time, the streets are busy.
- Friday and Saturday night are when people stay out late -so late that Saturday and Sunday Mornings are peak hours beween 0000 and 0400.
- Weekday traffic peaks in the morning between 0700 and 1100. There's a quieter spot, a busy lunchtime, then another quiet spot. But not much in it -traffic throughout the day is fairly constant.
- Peak evening times - monday to thursday- are from 1500 to 1800
- Less people come past at that time on a Friday -instead traffic is higher later on in the day. Possibly going straight from work/study to enjoy themselves, coming back afterwards.
- Sat and Sun have later starts, but their mid-day traffic is on a par with weekday midday traffic
- Saturday and Sunday's traffic levels seem the most mathematically "normal": traffic goes up, peaks mid-afternoon, then declines. On weekdays, office/study/school hours interfere.
- Monday is the quietest. Less people out at in the early morning, less people on every hour.
Could the last bullet point be related to the third?
Certainly with sunday; I'm just very surprised about monday. It's not just people not going out, they arent even going to work. Or study.
You forget to give this post a title.
Post a Comment